Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Daily Maintenance and Construction
Information: (503) 731-8281, Kimberly.Dinwiddie@odot.state.or.us
Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014
Oregon Highway 99W (Pacific Highway West)
Sign repair - right lane closed
Highway 99W Dartmouth to OR 217
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Posted by Joanne at 8:41 AM
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
The city has contracted with Capitol Asset and Pavement Services, Inc. to do pavement ratings on about 48 miles of our streets – mostly local neighborhood streets.
This involves driving the street a few times and then walking along the street to take measurements of cracks and other pavement distresses on the streets.
Joel Conder will be the primary person doing the work, which will take a few weeks. He will not be driving a City-marked vehicle. When he is doing the work, he will be wearing a typical high-visibility shirt, and the vehicle will have signs on its sides saying ‘Pavement ratings’ and back saying ‘frequent stops do not follow.’
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail our Traffic Engineer, Mike McCarthy at 503-718-2462 or email@example.com.
Posted by Joanne at 1:25 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
This year throughout the entire Thanksgiving holiday period beginning on November 21 and continuing until December 1, Tigard Police plan to continue high visibility enforcement (HVE) as part of a nationwide effort to reduce impaired drivers. Here in Tigard, grant funded overtime for officers will allow extra patrol to locate and focus efforts on drivers who are operating a vehicle under the influence. The program is in cooperation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and locally, Oregon Impact. This partnership is an important component in efforts to make our roadways safer.
Remember: drive sober or get pulled over.
Posted by Joanne at 3:08 PM
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
The Tigard Youth Advisory Council (TYAC) is the official advisory body for the mayor and city council. The TYAC is re-forming after a few years without activity. If you are a young person in grades 6 to 12 and live in Tigard or the Tigard Service area (Metzger and Bull Mountain) then this volunteer experience might be for you! Members have a great time empowering, improving and connecting the lives of Tigard’s youth through service, peer input, and other activities. If you are interested in joining contact Marty Wine, City Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Joanne at 10:06 AM
Monday, August 18, 2014
In case you haven't already heard, MAX service is free today, Monday, August 18. All lines, all day.
This is just a small way of saying "thanks." We really appreciate your patience through last week's disruptions.
Thanks for riding TriMet!
Posted by Joanne at 11:01 AM
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Public Roadway Improvements Weekly Report #49 – Week of July 7, 2014
Following is the weekly Public Roadway Improvements Schedule for the public improvements related to the construction of the Tigard Walmart store.
ActivityLane expansion paving on Oregon Highway 99W (Pacific Highway)
- Concrete island enhancements at 74th Ave and Oregon Highway 99W (Pacific Highway)
- Shoulder related signage work on Oregon Highway 99W approaching and at the OR217 Northbound On Ramp.
- Milling and paving activities at 72nd Ave and Hunziker Rd
- Final striping and signage on 72nd Ave between 217 Southbound off ramp and Beveland Street
- Final striping on Beveland between 72nd Ave and 68th Ave
- Final striping and signage on Dartmouth Street between OR-99W and 68th Ave
- Signalization and crosswalk improvement work on Dartmouth Street at the future Walmart main entrance
Traffic Flow Patterns
1. Oregon Highway 99W (Pacific Highway):Alternating overnight lane closures and restrictions in east and west bound lanes on Pacific Highway for approximately 1.5 miles from OR-217 to 72thAve for construction activities starting at approximately 9 p.m.., Monday through Friday evenings. All lanes will re-open by 5:30 a.m.
2. 72nd Ave between OR-217 NB Ramp and BevelandNight time northbound and southbound lane restrictions on 72ndAve between OR-217NB ramps and Beveland for final striping starting at approximately 9 p.m. Lane restrictions will re-open by 6 a.m.
3. Dartmouth St between OR-99W and 68th AveDaytime lane restriction on Dartmouth between OR-99W and 68thAve for signalization construction activities starting at approximately 9 a.m. Lane restrictions will re-open by 3:30 p.m.
Posted by Joanne at 9:20 AM